Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Au revoir, mis niños y niñas!

Dear Youth, Family, and Community Members,
It has been a fulfilling year and a half with the San Diego American Indian Health Youth Center. Since I have become a licensed psychologist, there is a stronger need for me to focus my workday in the Behavioral Health Department with adults. This means I will no longer serve as the Youth Center Project Coordinator. This position has been awarded to a much-deserving Christopher Scott. I know he will take the Youth Center in a positive direction.
If you ever want to stop by, I am across the street in the Behavioral Health Department and will be available for individual therapy sessions. No, individual therapy isn’t just for “crazy people” :). We can all benefit in having someone to talk to from time to time. For those of you whom I have worked with, I will continue to provide individual therapy. Please contact me to schedule an appointment, if necessary. I can be reached by telephone at (619) 234-2158 x128 or by email at melanie.cain@sdaihc.com. Please remember, I care about each and every one of you and will have many fond memories of my experiences with the Youth Center. I wish all of you the best. Remember to study hard and be “respectful” of one another, especially your parents :). You will be a grown-up before you know it and it’s important to develop a healthy sense of who you are. Use the Youth Center as a positive space for growing up. Take care of yourselves and make all your dreams come true!
Sincerely,
Melanie J. Cain, Ph.D.
Licensed Psychologist
PSY 23411

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your name; as of 8/8/2011, new anonymous comments will be deleted. Please keep your comments civil and respectful.